- Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) Risk Assessments
FSIS risk assessment reports and models for Bovine Spongiform
Encephalopathy, Clostridium perfringens, E. coli O157:H7, Listeria monocytogenes, and Salmonella.
- Invaders Database System — Compiled by the Agricultural Research Service and provides exotic plant names and historical weed distribution records for 5 northwestern states and details, occurrences of new, invasive weeds in 48 states and six Canadian provinces.
- OWOW Invasive Species Program — EPA's Office of Wetlands, Oceans and Watersheds (OWOW) is part of a government wide effort to address the threat to US waters and ecosystems by the uncontrolled spread of invasive species.
- Exotic Forest Pest Information System for North America— Identifies exotic insects, mites and pathogens with potential to cause significant damage to North American forest resources. Database contains background information for each identified pest and is intended to serve as a resource for regulatory and forest protection agencies in North America.
- Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (JIFSAN) — Collaborative partnership between the University of Maryland and the Food and Drug Administration whose mission is to ensure the safety of the food supply and enhance new concepts of applied human nutrition and animal health.
- ERS Food Safety Web site — Contains an overview of the economic issues, list of related food safety briefing rooms, features, recommended readings, and recent research developments.
- Food Industry Environmental Network (FIEN) — A regulatory and policy e-mail alert service for food industry trade associations, consulting firms, professional societies, educational institutions, government officials, and others with an interest in the food and agricultural industries.
- Outbreaks — Produced by Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA is designed to collect materials, links pertinent to waterborne (especially drinking water borne) infectious disease outbreaks, and links to ongoing episodes and occasional outbreaks occurring in food.
- Food Safety Network — The Food Safety Network at the University of Guelph, Canada provides research, commentary, policy evaluation and public information on food safety issues from farm-to-fork.
- Center for Risk Excellence, US Department of Energy
- Biotechnology Risk Assessment Research Grants Program, CSREES, US Department of Agriculture
The USDA Biotechnology Risk Assessment Grants Program is co-administered by CSREES and the Agricultural Research Service (ARS). National Program Leaders in CSREES and ARS work together to: 1) write the annual Request for Applications which sets research priorities for this program during the current fiscal year, 2) identify appropriate reviewers for proposals that are submitted to this program, 3) make final funding decisions based on recommendations from the review panel, and 3) sponsor workshops to disseminate results of funded projects, obtain stakeholder input for future research priorities, or discuss current topics related to the federal regulation of agricultural biotechnology.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Animal Health, Canada
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency delivers all federal inspection services related to food; animal health; and plant protection.
- ENVIRO-NEWS — Unmoderated internet distribution list that provides subscribers with timely access to news and announcements related to environmental issues produced by the Water Quality Information Center, Agricultural Research Service, USDA.
- Risk-Com — An on-line forum for discussing topics related to risk communication and posting information of general interest. Sponsored by the Society for Risk Analysis's Risk Communication Subgroup. To join the list, send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the word SUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message.