USDA Drought Programs and Assistance
USDA is taking steps to help farmers, ranchers, and small businesses wrestling with persistent drought. A list of available programs and resources is provided below.
Farm Service Resources:
- Find your local Farm Service Agency: Map of State FSA Offices
- FSA Emergency Disaster Designation and Declaration Process Overview
- FSA Hay Net
- ERS Farm and Food Impacts
- NASS Weekly Crop Progress and Condition Reports
- Managing Drought Risk on the Ranch
Conservation and Livestock Assistance:
- FSA Emergency Conservation Program (ECP)
- FSA Emergency Haying and Grazing
- FSA Livestock Forage Disaster Program
- FSA Livestock Indemnity Program
- NRCS Drought Assistance
- RD Emergency Community Water Assistance Grants (ECWAG) (PDF, 46KB)
Crop Insurance Assistance:
- FSA Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP)
- RMA Crop Insurance Basics
- RMA Frequently Asked Questions
FSA Emergency Farm Loans
USDA designated natural disaster areas qualify for low-interest emergency loans.
FSA Disaster Debt-Set-Aside Program Factsheet
Assistance for producers with existing USDA loans.
FSA Guaranteed Farm Loan Program (PDF, 80KB)
Guaranteed farm loans may be used to construct or repair buildings and fixtures, purchase farmland, livestock, equipment, feed, seed, fuel, insurance, and refinance debt.