Disaster and Drought Information
The United States Department of Agriculture is working with producers, communities, affected states and other agencies to help address the current west-coast drought. Information on this page outlines programs and services available through USDA, coordinated with the seven agencies of the National Drought Resilience Partnership. USDA encourages affected producers to document their losses and to work closely with staff in their local USDA Service Centers.
Additional resources are available on the California Department of Food and Agriculture Drought website.
2014 Drought Disaster Updates
Disaster Fast Track Map Updated 4/23/14
Drought Disaster Designations Map (PDF, 2MB)
Text-only (accessible) version
Map shows designations due to drought across the country under USDA's amended rule. Any county declared a primary (red) or contiguous (orange) disaster county makes producers in that county eligible for certain emergency aid.
List of Designated Drought Disaster Counties (PDF, 99KB)
- USDA Designates 240 Counties in Texas as Primary Natural Disaster Areas with Assistance to Producers in Surrounding Area (Press Release 4/23/14)
- Sign-Up Begins Today for USDA Disaster Assistance Programs Restored by Farm Bill (Press Release 4/15/14)
- Obama Administration Announces Additional Assistance to Californians Impacted by Drought (Press Release 2/14/14)
- USDA's Emergency Conservation Program Approved for Drought Assistance in Multiple California Counties (Press Release 2/5/14 - PDF, 86KB)
- Federal Agencies and State of California Coordinating Response to Drought (Press Release 2/5/14)
- USDA Launches Effort to Assist California Producers Affected by Drought (Press Release 2/4/14)
- Obama Administration's National Drought Resilience Partnership to Help Communities Prepare for Drought (Press Release 11/15/13)
- Farm Service Agency Livestock Forage Disaster Program (PDF, 240KB)
- Food and Nutrition Service Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) in California (PDF, 75KB)
- Food and Nutrition Service Summer Food Service Program in California (PDF, 73KB)
- Rural Development Emergency Community Water Assistance Grants (ECWAG) (PDF, 46KB)