WHAT: A Google+ Hangout on Accessing Credit for your Farm or Ranch
WHEN and WHERE:
Tuesday, April 1, 2014 4 PM ET
Watch live on USDA Google+ page or via www.usda.gov/live
Speakers & Moderators:
- Deputy Secretary Krysta Harden
- Gary Matteson, Farm Credit Council, Vice President for Young, Beginning, Small Farmer Programs and Outreach
- Chris Beyerhelm, USDA's Farm Service Agency Farm Loan Chief
- Shirley Malek, goat and sheep cheese producer in Gilmanton, N.H.
- Megan Kinsey, a squash, grape, and corn farmer in Sunnyside, Wash.
- Matt and Jolene Nierling, beginning farmers who operate a dairy operation in northeast Iowa
Agriculture Deputy Secretary Krysta Harden will host a Google+ Hangout to discuss types of agricultural credit and ways to access them in support of your farm or ranch business. During this Hangout, you will hear from panelists who represent some of the key agricultural financial lenders and farmers' stories about how different credit options were successfully put to work on the farm.
Submit discussion questions in advance via the G+ Event page, Twitter, YouTube or Facebook using #NewFarmers.
View all of our past USDA Live events: Streaming Media Archives