WASHINGTON, Feb. 1, 2018 – The USDA’s Agricultural Forum has extended its discounted room block rates through Tuesday, February 6, 2018. This two-day gathering is the Department’s largest annual meeting, and will take place on Feb. 22 and 23, 2018 at the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel in Arlington, Va.
Now in its 94th year, this year’s forum theme is “The Roots of Prosperity.” More than 80 speakers will present at 30 sessions; the forum also offers a host of agriculture-related exhibitors. The forum offers a platform for conversation on key issues and topics among producers, processors, policymakers, government officials, and non-governmental organizations, both foreign and domestic.
Presentation highlights include:
- U.S. Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue and members of his cabinet
- Distinguished Speaker Akinwumi Adesina, African Development Bank Group president
- Dinner Speaker Mehmood Khan, PepsiCo vice chairman and chief scientific officer
- “The 2018 Economic Outlook for Agriculture,” presented by USDA Chief Economist Robert Johansson
- A plenary panel with agricultural industry leaders
Session topics include:
- The economic impact of opioids on rural America
- China’s evolving markets and policies
- Restoring America’s watersheds
- Animal disease outbreak preparedness
- Responding to hurricane disasters
- Right sizing regulation
- Emerging issues in food safety
- Outlook sessions on commodities, farm income, food prices, and organic agriculture
Learn more about the program and sessions; plenary speeches will be webcast on Feb. 22 after 6:00 p.m. EST. Register at USDA 2018 Agricultural Outlook Forum. The forum offers discounted room block rates through Tuesday, February 6, 2018.
Follow the Agricultural Outlook Forum on Twitter @USDA #AgOutlook.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.