What should you report? If you witness or have knowledge of any of the following:
Report Violations Of Laws And Regulations Relating To USDA Programs
- Criminal Activity, such as: Bribery, Smuggling, Theft, Fraud, Endangerment of Public Health or Safety
- Mismanagement / Waste of Funds
- Workplace Violence
- Employee Misconduct
- Conflict of Interest
USDA Hotline Information (PDF)
The complainant may remain confidential (i.e., known only to the USDA OIG), allow their name to be used (i.e., included in any investigation that may take place), or anonymous (i.e., unknown even to the USDA OIG). If the complainant chooses to remain anonymous, USDA OIG cannot obtain additional information on the allegation (e.g., testimonial or documentary evidence; identity of witnesses), and also cannot inform the complainant as to what action USDA OIG has taken on the complaint. Confidential status allows further communication between USDA OIG and the complainant after the original complaint is received.
The identity of complainants is protected under the provisions of the Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989 (PDF) and the Inspector General Act of 1978 (PDF)
- (800) 424-9121
- (202) 690-1622
- (202) 690-1202 (TDD)
- United States Department of Agriculture
Office of Inspector General
PO Box 23399
Washington, DC 20026-3399
If you allow your name to be used, please click "Submit a Complaint" below.
If you would like to remain Confidential or Anonymous, please check the "Confidential" or "Anonymous" box below and fill out the online form.
Please read the Confidentiality Information statement above before proceeding with your complaint. To process your allegations, we will need you to provide as much information as possible regarding your complaint. Your information should include:
- Who committed the wrongdoing (USDA Agency, person, organization, description, etc.)?
- What exactly did the individual or entity do?
- Where did the alleged activity take place (address)?
- When did the alleged activity take place?
- How are the individuals involved and how were these individuals able to perform the alleged activity?
- Do you know why the person committed the wrongdoing?
- Witnesses, if any, who can verify the allegations?
Without sufficient information we may be unable to act on your allegation. Therefore, in order to investigate your concerns properly, please provide as much information as possible. We are very interested in the information you have to provide regarding the misconduct, fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement in our USDA programs.
*Note: Due to web site issues, any complaints submitted from 4/25/2016 to 4/27/2016 were not received by the system. People who submitted complaints during that time period should re-submit their complaints.
If you need to provide any documents concerning your complaint, please fax to (202) 690-2474 or mail to USDA, OIG Hotline, P. O. Box 23399, Washington, D.C. 20026-3399. Please note on your documents that you submitted your complaint online.