See How Other Veterans have Taken Advantage of USDA Veteran Resources
USDA Supports America’s Heroes
Preparedness and defense are critical to America’s food and agriculture sectors and to sustaining and growing rural America. That’s why the U.S. Department of Agriculture is looking to military veterans across the country to fill the roles that keep America’s food supply safe and secure, preserve and strengthen rural communities, and restore and conserve the environment.
USDA wants to ensure that veterans looking to return home, or start a new career on a farm or in a rural community have the tools and opportunities they need to succeed.
The Military Veterans Agricultural Liaison (MVAL) helps veterans explore ways to launch successful careers in agriculture by:
- Coordinating with the USDA Human Resources Office to help veterans and their spouses find employment at USDA agencies.
- Connecting veterans with paid apprenticeships through USDA and the Department of Labor.
- Connecting veterans to nonprofit and other partners who can provide veterans with training and hands-on experience in agriculture.
- Working with the Department of Veteran’s Affairs help veterans to gain valuable civilian work experience through non-paid internships with USDA agencies.
- Sharing information about more than 40 loan, grant and technical assistance programs.
Find out more by visiting the pages below or by contacting email@example.com.