Located within the Office of General Counsel (OGC) and the Office of Information Affairs (OIA), the Department of Agriculture's records management program is responsible for overseeing proper records and file management for all USDA Departmental and Staff Offices.
The Departmental Records Management Office (DRMO) also:
- Coordinates with each USDA component's Agency Records Officer to enhance and standardize records management best practices; and
- Formulates and oversees the implementation of Department policy and guidance to ensure effective records creation, maintenance and use, and disposition occur in accordance with the Federal Records Act.
- Training (All USDA Employees and Contractors)
- Senior Officials and Political Appointees
- Entry and Exit Clearance Documents (All USDA Employees and Contractors)
- Departmental Records Management Entrance Guide for Senior Officials (PDF, 185 KB)
- Departmental Records Management Entrance Guide (PDF, 219 KB)
- Departmental Records Management Exit Procedures Quick Guide (PDF, 193 KB)
- Departmental Regulations
- DR 3080-001 Records Management (PDF, 122 KB)
- DR 3085-001 Vital Records Management Program (PDF, 40.2 KB)
- DR 3090-001 Litigation Retention Policy for Documentary Materials including Electronically Stored Information (PDF, 117 KB)
- DR 3099-001 Records Management Policy for Departing Employees, Contractors, Volunteers and Political Appointees (PDF, 87.4 KB)
- Records Schedules
- Records Management Reports
Questions or comments? Contact: USDADepartmentalRecords@usda.gov.