Housing for Individuals
USDA provides homeownership opportunities to rural Americans, and home renovation and repair programs. USDA also provides financing to elderly, disabled, or low-income rural residents in multi-unit housing complexes to ensure that they are able to make rent payments.
- Multi-Family Housing Rentals
- Single Family Housing Direct Home Loans
- Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program
- Single Family Housing Repair Loans and Grants
Housing Development Opportunities
USDA works with public and nonprofit organizations to provide housing developers with loans and grants to construct and renovate rural multi-family housing complexes. Eligible organizations include local and state governments, nonprofit groups, associations, nonprofit private corporations and cooperatives, and Native American groups.
- Farm Labor Housing Direct Loans and Grants
- Housing Preservation Grants
- Multi-Family Housing Direct Loans
- Mutual Self-Help Housing Technical Assistance Grants
- Rural Housing Site Loans
USDA improves rural community economic health by working with private lenders to guarantee loans to borrowers for the construction of rural multi-family housing units and individual homes.
USDA has posted its proposed rules, revised rules and final regulations related to the development of rural areas. Customers may submit an electronic comment for any rule currently open for comment.