Feds Feed Families Campaign
Once again, USDA will lead the 2018 Feds Feed Families (FFF) campaign with the support of the Chief Human Capital Officers Council and other agency partners. This year’s campaign begins on July 15, 2018 and ends on October 18, 2018.
Feds Feed Families was created to help food banks and pantries stay stocked during summer months when they traditionally see a decrease in donations and an increase in need. In Washington, D.C., the Capital Area Food Bank receives collections and distributes them through its network of more than 500 partner organizations. Through the amazing generosity of federal employees, the annual food drive has collected nearly 80 million pounds of food since the campaign began in 2009. Last year more than 10.4 million pounds were donated and provided to food banks and pantries.
All federal agencies, including field components, were asked to participate in the campaign. The field agencies shared their collections with local food banks, ensuring that the FFF campaign stretched across America and was visible and active in every state. Additionally, special events such as the National Chili Cook-off and the annual weekend golf tournament brought in substantial food donations.
The Feds Feed Families Campaign measures results through pounds of food collected. Each individual agency will determine its own reporting periods. National Chairs and Champions should compile for their entire Department or Agency and submit their cumulative reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The reporting periods are as follows:
- Reporting Period 1 is July 15 - August 19, 2018. Due August 24.
- Reporting Period 2 is August 20 - September 16, 2018. Due September 21.
- The Final Reporting Period is September 17 - October 18. Due October 24.
FFF National Events
- September 26, 2018: Bring a Can to Work Day (PDF, 155 KB)
- October 2, 2018: Two Can Tuesday (PDF, 285 KB)
- October 3, 2018: National Chili Cook-Off (PDF, 311 KB)
- October 3, 2018: Food Taste Expo (PDF, 383 KB)
- October 10, 2018 and October 17, 2018: One Can Wednesdays (PDF, 234 KB)
- October 13, 2018: Golf Tournament (PDF, 249 KB)
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2017 campaign and we look forward to another exciting and successful campaign this year!
You may also contact Linda Cronin, the 2018 Feds Feed Families National Program Manager, at email@example.com.