Feds Feed Families Campaign
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2018 campaign and we look forward to another exciting and successful campaign in 2019!
The 2019 campaign will begin towards the end of June and will end in early August. Announcements regarding the National Chair and timeline of events will be shared in the coming weeks.
You may also contact the 2019 Feds Feed Families campaign at email@example.com.
Feds Feed Families was created to help food banks and pantries stay stocked during summer months when they traditionally see a decrease in donations and an increase in need. In Washington, D.C., the Capital Area Food Bank receives collections and distributes them through its network of more than 500 partner organizations. Through the amazing generosity of federal employees, the annual food drive has collected over 80 million pounds of food since the campaign began in 2009.
All federal agencies, including field components, were asked to participate in the campaign. The field agencies shared their collections with local food banks, ensuring that the FFF campaign stretched across America and was visible and active in every state. Additionally, special events such as the National Chili Cook-off and the annual weekend golf tournament brought in substantial food donations.
FFF National Events
- September 26, 2018: Bring a Can to Work Day (PDF, 155 KB)
- October 2, 2018: Two Can Tuesday (PDF, 285 KB)
- October 3, 2018: National Chili Cook-Off (PDF, 311 KB)
- October 3, 2018: Food Taste Expo (PDF, 383 KB)
- October 10, 2018 and October 17, 2018: One Can Wednesdays (PDF, 234 KB)
- October 13, 2018: Golf Tournament (PDF, 249 KB)