In March, we kicked off our MyPlate, MyWins video series and introduced you to six American families, each from different backgrounds with their own unique approach to healthy eating. From Shelley, a single mom to Carol and Brad, a farm family with four children – we hope you enjoyed hearing their stories and discovered healthy eating solutions that could help you in your own lives.
Meet the families from our MyPlate, MyWins video series in this compilation video:
Each family shared their healthy eating solutions. Here are some highlights:
- Lilac & PJ: With the help of grandma, this family adjusts to life with a newborn, and celebrates their Laotian heritage through healthy eating traditions.
- Bryan & Keah: This family uses dad’s passion for cooking to encourage healthy eating and trying new foods.
- Shelley: This single mom admits that healthy eating hasn’t always come easy. But she knows it’s important and finds creative and fun ways to get her son to eat healthy.
- Candice & James: With a baby on the way, this family knows that planning is key. They use technology and meal prep to make healthy eating easier, while staying organized.
- Rocio: This mom includes her four young boys in meal prep to teach them about the importance of healthy eating.
- Carol & Brad: For this family, it’s all about keeping it simple. They set out fruit for an easy ‘grab and go’ snack and make crockpot meals.
No matter where you start, it’s all about finding a healthy eating style that works for you, your family, and your everyday life. What works for you, may not work for someone else – and that’s ok! For practical tips, recipes, activities and more, visit ChooseMyPlate.gov, follow MyPlate on Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for email updates. And stay tuned… more MyPlate, MyWins videos are on their way!