The Office of Information Affairs (OIA) Records Management Division is responsible for overseeing proper records and file management within the Department of Agriculture.
The Departmental Records Management Office (DRMO) also:
- Coordinates with each USDA component's Agency Records Officer to enhance and standardize records management best practices; and
- Formulates and oversees the implementation of Department policy and guidance to ensure effective records creation, maintenance and use, and disposition occur in accordance with the Federal Records Act.
- Training (All USDA Employees and Contractors)
- Senior Officials and Political Appointees
- Entry and Exit Clearance Documents (All USDA Employees and Contractors)
- Departmental Records Management Entrance Guide for Senior Officials (PDF, 185 KB)
- Departmental Records Management Entrance Guide (PDF, 219 KB)
- Departmental Records Management Exit Procedures Quick Guide (PDF, 193 KB)
- Departmental Regulations
- DR 3080-001 Records Management (PDF, 122 KB)
- DR 3085-001 Vital Records Management Program (PDF, 40.2 KB)
- DR 3090-001 Litigation Retention Policy for Documentary Materials including Electronically Stored Information (PDF, 117 KB)
- DR 3099-001 Records Management Policy for Departing Employees, Contractors, Volunteers and Political Appointees (PDF, 87.4 KB)
- Records Schedules
- Records Management Reports
Questions or comments? Contact: USDADepartmentalRecords@usda.gov.