This page provides useful resources that ReConnect applicants can use to gain a better understanding of the application process and program requirements. The page will be updated regularly to include educational materials, relevant forms and documents, and other learning opportunities.
Webinars and Workshops
Following the December 12, 2019 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), USDA Rural Utilities Service is hosting a series of webinars and workshops dedicated to helping applicants gain a stronger understanding of the ReConnect program. The first webinar was held on December 18, 2019, and webinars will continue throughout the duration of the application window. Please visit the Webinar Materials page to find webinar recordings and transcripts.
Workshops began in late January and are taking place throughout the United States. Visit the Events page to learn more and register for upcoming events as they become available.
Application and Award Forms Checklist
This section provides a checklist of the application forms and legal documents that applicants will need as part of the application process. Not every form is relevant to each funding category. Please refer to the checklist to see which forms are applicable to the funding category for which you wish to submit an application. These documents are initial versions and may be modified at a later date. Click on the name of each form to view more details, or to download a copy.
- ReConnect Program Fact Sheet (PDF, 1.0 MB): This document provides information about key aspects of the ReConnect program including who may apply, what is an eligible area, how ReConnect funds may be used, where to find technical assistance, and more.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): These FAQ documents will be updated regularly to include answers to questions submitted by interested ReConnect Program applicants during webinars, regional workshops, and via the Contact Us form on the ReConnect website. Choose the topic of your interest and download the corresponding FAQ document to review existing answers:
- Frequently Asked Questions - ReConnect Program (PDF, 262 KB)
- Application General FAQ Document - ReConnect Program (PDF, 201 KB)
- Eligibility FAQ Document - ReConnect Program (PDF, 186 KB)
- Evaluation Scoring FAQ Document - ReConnect Program (PDF, 203 KB)
- Environmental FAQ Document - ReConnect Program (PDF, 147 KB)
- Certifications FAQ Document - ReConnect Program (PDF, 116 KB)
- Required Documents FAQ - ReConnect Program (PDF, 82.9 KB)
- Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) (PDF, 336 KB): This document, published on December 12, 2019, outlines the rules and eligibility requirements for the second round of ReConnect program funding.
- Federal Register Notice on Extension of ReConnect Application Window (PDF, 269 KB): This document, published on March 30, 2020, announces the extension of the ReConnect program application window to April 15, 2020.
- SAV Execution Guide (PDF, 5.8 MB): The purpose of this guide is to provide a Service Area Validation (SAV) framework for approval by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) in support of the ReConnect Program.
- Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018 (PDF, 3.4 MB): Follow this link to access the full details of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018 (the Act), passed by Congress in March 2018, which established a new broadband loan and grant pilot program, now called the ReConnect Program.