U.S. Delegates to Codex committees schedule public meetings prior to their committee meetings to inform the public about the meeting agenda and proposed U.S. positions on the issues. During these public meetings, delegates also receive comments from interested parties on Codex issues.
Codex Committee on Methods of Analysis and Sampling (CCMAS)
The U.S. Codex Office is sponsoring a public meeting to provide information and receive public comments on agenda items and draft U.S. positions (PDF, 211 KB) to be discussed at the 40th Session of the CCMAS.
UPDATE: Please note that the Public Meeting for the Codex Committee on Methods of Analysis and Sampling (CCMAS), scheduled from 2-4 pm on Monday May 6th will now only take place only via conference call. Please use the following information to join the Public Meeting--call-in-number: 1-888-844-9904 and participant code: 5126092#
- Date: Monday, May 6, 2019
- Time: 2:00-4:00 EST
- Gregory O. Noonan, Ph.D., U.S. Delegate to the 40th Session of the CCMAS, invites U.S. interested parties to submit their comments electronically to the following email address: email@example.com.
Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC)
The U.S. Codex Program is sponsoring a public meeting on June 21, 2019, from 1:00-4:00 p.m. EDT to provide information and receive public comments on agenda items and draft U.S. positions to be discussed at the 42nd Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission, in Geneva, Switzerland, on July 8-12, 2019. The public meeting will take place in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Jamie L. Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue SW., Room 107-A, Washington, DC 20250. Documents related to the 42nd Session of the CAC will be accessible via the internet at the following address: www.codexalimentarius.org/meetings-reports/en.
- Mary Frances Lowe, U.S. Delegate to the 42nd Session of the CAC, invites U.S. interested parties to submit their comments electronically to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please register to attend by emailing email@example.com by June 18, 2019. Early registration is encouraged because it will expedite entry into the building, for which attendees should bring photo identification and plan for adequate time to pass through federal building security screening systems.
- Attendees who are not able to attend in person, but who wish to participate, may do so by phone/conference call; please use the call-in number: 1-888-844-9904, participant code 5126092.
Federal Register Notices
Federal Register notices are annually prepared to inform the public of the sanitary and phytosanitary standard-setting activities of Codex. The announcement of this, plus other notices that involve Codex are listed below and can also be found on the U.S. Codex Office section of federalregister.gov.
February 25, 2019: Meeting of the Codex Committee on Pesticide Residues | PDF (238 KB)
February 20, 2019: Meeting of the Codex Committee on Methods of Analysis and Sampling | PDF (227 KB)
February 20, 2019: Meeting of the Codex Committee on General Principles | PDF (228 KB)
February 20, 2019: Meeting of the Codex Committee on Contaminants in Foods | PDF (227 KB)
December 28, 2018: Meeting of the Codex Committee on Fats and Oils (CCFO) | PDF (196 KB)
October 1, 2018: Codex Committee on Codex Intergovernmental Task Force on Antimicrobial Resistance | PDF (211 KB)
September 20, 2018: Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses | PDF (230 KB)
September 6, 2018: Meeting of the Codex Committee on Food Import and Export Inspection and Certification Systems (CCFICS) | PDF (197 KB)