Importing Regulations and Policies
While foreign regulatory systems need not be identical to the U.S. system, they must employ equivalent sanitary and health measures that provide the same level of protection achieved domestically for imported goods.
- Meat, Poultry, and Egg Products Import Regulations and Procedures
- Plant and Animal Import Regulations and Procedures
- Agricultural Permits/ePermits
- Live Animals, Animal Semen, Animal Embryos Import Regulations
- Harmonized Tariff Schedule
USDA offers import programs to help American agricultural producers compete against the world market.
Import and Trade Research
USDA provides comprehensive import, trade data, and forecasting research and reports. Users can utilize the numerous databases to search by product or country.
- Production, Supply, and Distribution (PSD) Database
- Global Agricultural Trade System (GATS) - Also find previous Bulk, Intermediate, and Consumer-Oriented (BICO) Statistics
- Trade Data
- Foreign Agricultural Trade of the United States (FATUS) Database
- Special Outlook Reports
- Trade Policy
- Trade Policy Reports
- Trade News, Trends, and Agreements
- Trade Policy Information by Country
- International Attaché Reports (GAIN)
- Commodity Outlook Reports
- National Center for Import and Export of Animals
- Fruits and Vegetables Import Requirements (FAVIR) Database