Celebrate while sticking with your healthy habits this holiday season! Take time to eat well and move your body to help you feel your best. Use these five tips from Nutrition.gov to make your holiday with your household a healthy one.
- Start the day right with a healthy breakfast. Get energized with recipes like Applesauce French Toast or Breakfast Burritos, and check out our Healthy Eating resources for more nutrition tips.
- Make fruits and vegetables part of your holiday plate. Browse our Recipes page to find dishes that are packed with flavor, including Roasted Root Vegetables and Baked Acorn Squash with Apples. You can also sneak fruits and veggies into your holiday cookies with these Banana Oatmeal Cookies and Healthy Carrot Cake Cookies.
- Choose nutritious cooking methods. Find ingredient substitutions and recipe makeovers that can boost the nutrition of your holiday recipes on our Meal Prep and Cooking Tips page.
- Add exercise to the calendar. Just like you would schedule a holiday activity with your household, schedule time for exercise that you enjoy. Get outside for some fresh air, or stay warm inside and follow along to one of our Exercise Examples and Videos.
- Remember to hydrate. It can be easy to forget to drink water during this busy time. Learn how much water to drink each day and what beverages can help you stay hydrated on our Water, Hydration, and Health page.