To ensure USDA employees are equipped with the information, knowledge, and tools needed for the future of work, below you can find several resources with quick and easy access links for employees to use.
- COVID-19 Executive Orders, Acts, Regulations, and Directives
- Executive Order 13991 - Protecting the Federal Workforce/Mask Wearing
- Executive Order 14043 - Vaccination Requirements
On January 21, 2022, in the judicial action of Feds for Medical Freedom, et al. v. Biden, et al., the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas issued an Order temporarily enjoining the implementation and enforcement of Executive Order 14043, which required COVID-19 vaccination for federal employees. The Department of Justice (“DOJ”) appealed the preliminary injunction to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, but the preliminary injunction remains in place at this time. While the preliminary injunction remains in place, USDA will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. USDA continues to encourage everyone to get a COVID-19 vaccination and booster shot if they have not already to protect themselves, their children and loved ones.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA)
- Departmental Regulation - Revised telework/remote work programs
- Workers Compensation Policy
- USDA Covid-19 Workplace Safety Plan (PDF, 260 KB)
- CDC-Covid-19; Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People
- State and Territorial Health Departments
- Employee Solutions
Rideshare (Carpool/Vanpools) for National Capital Region (NCR)
Commuter Buses (NCR)
- Free parking is available to the following designations that meet policy guidelines: Senior Executives, Carpools/Vanpools, facility maintenance vehicles, government vehicles, and employees with disabilities and limited visitor parking
- For questions about parking availability and qualifications for free parking at USDA Headquarters, contact OO Customer Service/Parking Administration Services at 202-720-PARK (7275) or via e-mail at: email@example.com. Located on the 1st floor Room 1052-S, South Building
- South Building Parking Courts 1,3,5,6 operate from 5am-6pm - M-F; Court 4 (Loading Dock) opens from 6am-6pm-M-5 and Court 2 opens 24/7.
- All Whitten Parking lots are open 24/7 to all qualified parkers with a valid electronic hangtag
- Motorcycle Parking - South Building (limited) parking located in Court 5 and on C Street (outside Court 2), Whitten – Lot 8
- Bicycle Parking - South Building - Court 2 (primary bike parking), Whitten – Bike boxes in Lot 10a and 10b
- Paid Parking Options - Short-term metered parking on Independence Ave SW, 12th Street SW, C Street SW, and D Street SW. Parking garage: The Portals III, 1201 Maryland Avenue SW, Washington, DC; (202) 479-6872.
- Employees outside of the Washington, NCR should contact building operations in respective office locations for parking options.
- Employee Amenities
USDA is committed to ensuring employees receive the maximum possible value while working or visiting headquarter buildings. To do so, we offer a variety of amenities to enhance the experience and wellbeing of our employees. (Located in South Building in Sub-Basement of Ag Promenade)
- ATM Machine
- Office Supply Store
- Fitness Center
- USDA Gift Store
- United States Post Office
- Agriculture Federal Credit Union (AFCU)
- The USDA Health Unit provides basic, extended, and additional care and minor medical assistance when necessary, in the event of injuries, illnesses, or life-threatening emergencies to Government employees and visitors while in or on the grounds of the USDA Headquarters Complex.
- Located in room 1411 of the South Building’s first floor, fourth wing.
- Open Monday - Friday 9:00 am-5:00pm.
- Contact 202-720-9522 for further information.
- Ag Connections Café
- Located on 3rd floor A Section – Whitten Building
- Due to Pandemic, currently closed until further notice
- USDA Cafeteria
- Located on 1st Floor of South Building at Wing 2 and Wing 3
- Open Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 2:00 pm
- USDA ID required to exit cafeteria
- Tourists and other visitors must sign-in and exit at the 3rd Wing Independence Avenue and must wear Visitor Badge at all times (Due to the pandemic, closed to visitors until further notice).
- Dunkin and Deli Shop
- Basement of Whitten Building
- Open Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Ag Promenade, South Building
- Interagency Toolkits