Eligible Area Map Datasets
Special Evaluation Criteria Datasets
- Critical Community Facilities – All critical community facility datasets came from Homeland Infrastructure Foundation-Level Data (HIFLD). The individual datasets, which include local law enforcement, fire stations, state emergency operations centers, and prisons were merged into a single spatial dataset in October 2018. Therefore, the merged dataset uses data available at the time the layer was created.
- Educational Facilities – With the exception of libraries, all educational facility datasets came from Homeland Infrastructure Foundation-Level Data (HIFLD). The individual datasets include public and private schools (elementary, middle and high schools), colleges and universities, daycares, and places of worship. The libraries dataset came from Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). These datasets were merged into a single spatial dataset in October 2018; therefore, the merged dataset uses data available at the time the layer was created. This dataset was last updated on April 9, 2019.
- Healthcare Facilities – All healthcare facility datasets came from Homeland Infrastructure Foundation-Level Data (HIFLD). The individual datasets, which include pharmacies, hospitals, nursing homes, urgent care, and Veterans health administration medical facilities, were merged into a single spatial dataset in October 2018. Therefore, the merged dataset uses data available at the time the layer was created.
- Tribal Lands – This dataset came from Calendar Year 2017 U.S. Census data. The zipped file includes cartographic boundary spatial data for American Indian, Alaska Native Areas, and Hawaiian Home Lands.
Service Area Eligibility Criteria Datasets
- CAF II - Auction 903 Winners – The Connect America Fund Phase II Auction 903 Winners layer comes from the spatial data and web map service available on the FCC website: www.fcc.gov/reports-research/maps/caf-ii-auction-results-april-2019. This is not a USDA-hosted web map service; therefore, the data may change without notice. This dataset was last updated on April 3, 2019 to account for the removal of several winning bidders that notified the FCC that they no longer intend to pursue some or all of their winning bids. To learn more, you can access the Auction 903 Public Notice.
- Non-Rural Areas – This dataset contains a subset of the Census Places data and a subset of the Urbanized Area/Urban Cluster Census data. Both subsets were filtered to include: (1) a city, town, or incorporated area that has a population of greater than 20,000 inhabitants; or (2) an urbanized area contiguous and adjacent to a city or town that has a population of greater than 50,000 inhabitants. The resulting two subsets were merged to create the non-rural areas layer.
- Pending Applications – This dataset includes all Farm Bill Broadband and Telecommunications Infrastructure loan applications that have been submitted to the Rural Utilities Service (RUS) for consideration. The layer will be updated when the status of an application changes. The dataset will be updated periodically. The current dataset is dated April 22, 2019.
- Protected Broadband Borrower Service Areas – This layer includes the service areas of entities that received a Telecommunications Infrastructure loan, Farm Bill Broadband loan (Farm Bill), or Broadband Initiatives Program (BIP) loan in or after Fiscal Year (FY) 2000. Service areas of projects that were approved but were subsequently de-obligated are not protected and have been omitted from this layer. The current dataset is dated April 22, 2019.
Please note: RUS began requiring the submission of geospatial data that captured borrower service areas starting as early as FY 2009 for certain loan and grant programs. However, this mapping layer may not include all borrower service areas that are eligible to receive protection under the ReConnect Program Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA). RUS will conduct a final evaluation of service area eligibility following the application window deadlines. The current dataset is dated February 14, 2019.