Share your ideas to improve program delivery in your town.
What can USDA do differently to serve your rural community?
Secretary Perdue created the Rural Development Innovation Center to identify and develop new tools to better serve rural communities in achieving prosperity.
The Innovation Center is hard-wired into USDA’s structure with a mission to identify best practices and bring continuous improvement in program delivery to enhance the quality of life in rural communities. The Center works to transform rural communities through strategic partnerships, data analytics, regulations management and enterprise risk management.
This forum was created for you – our rural customer. Please join the conversation and share your ideas about effective actions that will make rural communities stronger.
The Innovation Center supports a forward-focused agency that is able to supply local leaders with new and fresh solutions. One method the Center uses to accomplish this goal is to identify best practices that highlight new approaches in program delivery to be replicated in communities throughout rural America.
Three best practices that can be replicated in your town:
Assistant to the Secretary for Rural Development Anne Hazlett shares a few reflections on a year of transformation in the agency through innovation.
Technical assistance providers can help your community better understand the USDA application process from start to finish.
Every child born in the Warm Springs Reservation will benefit from e-Connectivity access, a high-quality education and expanded opportunity.
Tools for Innovation
Disaster Assistance for Water and Wastewater Systems
This program is designed to provide supplemental grant funding for repairs to drinking water systems and sewer and solid waste disposal systems impacted by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria in the states of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Texas, and the territories of Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands.
To improve agency efficiency in program delivery, customer service and program utilization, the Innovation Center is working to streamline and consolidate four Rural Development loan guarantee regulations into a single regulation. Learn more about the rule, listening sessions and how to provide stakeholder feedback.
Rural Development publishes a wide variety of publication including brochures, fact sheets, reports and more.
Contact your local office for more information on Rural Development programs and services.
Subscribe for email updates from the Rural Development Innovation Center.
In the News
- USDA Partners to Help Rural Leaders Build Strategies to Achieve Prosperity (The Fence Post)
- Iowa Firm Wins Grant to Help Rural Communities with Development Plans
- USDA Partners to Help Rural Leaders Build Strategies to Achieve Prosperity
- The Outcome-Based Work of USDA's Innovation Center
- USDA's Innovation Center Celebrates First Anniversary
- Reflecting on One Year of Innovation at Rural Development
- ASEC Anne Hazlett Marks the One-Year Anniversary of The Innovation Center
- Inside Washington: Anne Hazlett Making Changes on Rural Development
- Jacqueline Ponti-Lazaruk Announced as Chief Innovation Officer for Rural Development’s Innovation Center (PDF, 75 KB)
- Rural Development Kicks Off Innovation Month with First-Time National Lender Forum (PDF, 81 KB)
- Audio Clip: Strengthening Partnership In Rural Lending Efforts
- WFED Radio - ASEC Anne Hazlett discusses the USDA Rural Development Innovation Center
- USDA Announces Pilot Program to Increase Homeownership Opportunities on Native Lands
- USDA Seeks Applications for Projects that Support Strategic Economic and Community Development Across Jurisdictions (PDF, 183 KB)