Serving Indian Country
The Office of Tribal Relations has many roles serving Indian Country, including:
- Intergovernmental - Leads the Department’s vision to support and enhance government-to-government relations between USDA and Federally recognized Tribal governments;
- Advisor to the Secretary - Provides counsel to the Secretary on policies related to or impacting Indian Tribes;
- Facilitator – Enables tribes, tribal governments, tribal organizations and individuals to access programs and services within USDA and throughout Federal agencies;
- Catalyst – Streamlines processes and develops opportunities to address policy and program complexities, programs and services that support the needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives; and,
- Consultation, Coordination and Collaboration Lead - Directs Department for the implementation of Executive Order 13175, “Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments,” including the continual refinement of the consultation process to ensure robust partnerships that will respect and preserve Tribal sovereignty.
To receive the Office of Tribal Relations newsletter, please sign up at this following link: Office of Tribal Relations Newsletter Sign-Up.
Contact Our Team
|Staff Member||Contact Information|