The 2025 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee’s work continues! The committee will hold its third meeting September 12-13, 2023. The U.S. Departments of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Agriculture (USDA) invite the public to participate in this important event via live webcast. Registration is required and will open on Thursday, August 10, 2023, at DietaryGuidelines.gov.
The September meeting will include presentations by each subcommittee and deliberation by the full committee on progress made since the last meeting, including draft protocol development, evidence review and synthesis, and plans for future committee work. A meeting agenda will be published in advance of the meeting at DietaryGuidelines.gov.
On Tuesday, September 12, 2023, the committee will also hear oral comments from the public. Details about public oral comments are provided below:
- Pre-registration to provide comments is required.
- Anyone can register to provide an oral comment.
- All comments will be virtual and must be no longer than two minutes.
- The number of commenters is limited based on the time available.
- Oral comments will be confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis and are limited to one representative per organization.
Save the date! Registration for oral comments will open along with meeting registration on August 10, 2023 and must include a summary of planned oral comments.
HHS and USDA encourage public participation in this upcoming meeting and the committee’s entire review process. Learn more about the 2025 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee at DietaryGuidelines.gov.