To view the Español translation of this text, please read the Español translation of the OES page (PDF, 95.2 KB).
USDA's Office of the Executive Secretariat (OES) serves the Office of the Secretary of Agriculture by managing the official correspondence of the immediate Office of the Secretary, maintaining the official records, and assisting the Office of the Secretary with special projects.
OES is responsible for organizing, storing, and providing access to the Secretary's records-including national security classified items. OES preserves required official records and serves as a valuable source of institutional memory for the entire Department.
To communicate with the Secretary of the USDA:
For a faster response, please send correspondence to the Secretary via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Optional modes of communication via mail or call for questions:
The Honorable Thomas Vilsack
United States Department of Agriculture
1400 Independence Ave., S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20250
Many requests for information or comments to the Secretary are handled by other USDA offices. Please peruse this list to see if one of these websites provides the information you are seeking:
- Advisory Committees
- Appeal a decision from USDA
- Civil Rights Complaint Resolution
- Farm Bill and Funding
- Farm Loans
- Food assistance
- Public notices for open comment periods, public meetings, and major decisions
- Reporting page for Federal Employee Anti-discrimination and Retaliation Act
- Requests for information in compliance with the Freedom of Information Act
- Research and Promotion Boards
- Tribal Relations
- USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline
- Whistleblower Hotline
- Still need help? AskUSDA